Please take note of this wonderful opportunity to get additional help on your research project from the library. I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this as you work on finalizing your research proposals/annotated bibliographies and research presentations (both due next class, Tu 5/13). Some of you still need to do a lot of work focusing your topics, locating additional research, and synthesizing your findings into an argument.
Beginning this week the City Tech Library will offer drop-in help to students in any course who are working on research assignments. While the library always helps students with research at the Reference Desk, these drop-in hours will be held in a library classroom and will let librarians work in more depth with each student.
Students can bring their assignment and speak with a librarian to:
• FINE-TUNE RESEARCH STRATEGIES
• USE DISCIPLINE-SPECIFIC COLLECTIONS
• NAVIGATE THE LIBRARY CATALOG & DATABASES
• FIND AND EVALUATE USEFUL WEB RESOURCES
• DISCOVER HELPFUL LIBRARY TOOLS
Drop-in hours are available in room A441 in the library (on the 4th Floor of the Atrium) at these dates and times:
• Wednesday May 7, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
• Thursday May 8, 12:30 – 2:30 pm
• Monday May 12, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
• Tuesday May 13, 12:30 – 2:30 pm
• Wednesday May 14, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
• Thursday May 15, 12:30 – 2:30 pm