Reminder: Revisions of Research Project due Tu 4/29

Hi everyone:I hope that you enjoyed your spring break, and that your research projects are going well.

For our next class on Tuesday, please bring your printed sources (articles, books, etc.) as well as a laptop/tablet if you have access to one.

I’ve read through/provided comments (as a “reply” to your posts) on all work submitted this week. As it states on the Schedule, you should do a revision of your research proposal (now, your 3rd draft, if you have done all of the assignments) and a six source annotated bibliography (a revision/extension of the work you did over the break).

Keep in mind that you are not writing an essay/paper, but a fully revised research proposal/annotated bibliography according to the guidelines/expectations provided for this Research Project. Make sure to follow the guidelines and to use my feedback on your various drafts as you revise. (Some of you didn’t turn in drafts, or didn’t included annotations with your sources, so I wasn’t able to provide feedback: it is very important going forward that you submit the entire assignment so you can get helpful/substantive feedback on it from me and your peers). Also, remember that, while you only have to submit a six-source annotated bibliography, you need to consult/read/consider many more sources in order to become an “expert” in your topic.

This next draft is due Tuesday (4/29) by the start of class: bring four printed copies to class and e-mail it to me (as one file, clearly labeled) before class begins. You do not have to post this next draft to OpenLab.

In class we will peer review/workshop these drafts, and move towards your final drafts which are due the following week. We will also discuss how to give effective presentations, as you will presenting your research projects/findings/arguments to the class on 5/8 and 5/15.

See you soon!

Cheers,
Professor Belli