Julie Landa….finally here!!!!!!

As most of you might have guessed, I am returning to school after many years of work. I am hoping to get into the Nursing Program. As a freshman at Citytech, I am required to take beginning courses although I already have a Bachelors degree.
My first time around, I studied at Parsons School of Design with a major in Illustration. I studied in a Masters program at The New York Academy of Art for a couple of years as well.
After working in the Graphics world for many years, I found that I was not using my talent. I decided, after struggling for sometime, to return to school. Charting a new career direction is both scary and exciting. I look forward to this time in my life.
I completed a Medical Billing and Coding Certificate Program at Kingsborough Community College last year. That is when I realized I may actually be interested in something other than creating art. I made the decision to change my life and am still getting used to this crazy workload that I have given myself….still “in shock” but confident that the right choice was made.

One thought on “Julie Landa….finally here!!!!!!

1. It must be very challenging to return to school after all of this time, but we’re glad you’re in the course and that you bring all of your prior experiences (educational and otherwise) with you. I hope that you’re enjoying the course so far Julie!