HI IM VUNITA

Hi my name is Vunita Mieres, I was born in the beautiful island of Trinidad and Tobago. At the age of twelve I relocated with my mother in the United States of America. I live in Brooklyn, New York. I am the second to last child for my mother and the last for my father. I am a freshman at New York City College of Technology and my major is hospitality management. My dream job would involve customer/guests services, from working in a five star hotel resort or a front desk at a hospital or maybe if I am successful in my baking/culinary classes I can be an executive chef at a five star restaurant and if all else fails then I can be a flight attendant so that I can travel the world for free.

At the age of fifteen I worked at a dinner where I held the position as a waitress/hostess. I honestly loved the job but it was time consuming and was affecting my schooling. As of January 1st 2014 I started a new job at JFK International Airport where I hold the position as a lobby agent. I really enjoy working at the airport because it gives me the opportunity to meet new people with different nationalities, ethnicities and various cultures.

My goal in life is attain my degree to get my dream job that allows me to have the quality of life to travel the world and to spend time with my friends and family. More specifically ill like to support my current family as well as to provide a solid foundation for my future family.

In my spear time I love to spend time with my family and friends. We have a lot of activity in the house, it doesn’t take much for anything to turn into a party especially since my mother and sister cooks up a storm. My nieces and younger sister are a source of continuous entertainment, my family is very important to me and spending time with them is a big part of my daily routine. I also enjoy dancing, acting, going to the movies, listening to music, sleeping, eating, hanging out and I love to watch movies that show case relevant life lessons.

I have lived in New York City for over five years and I honestly still miss home. New York City has a lot of different things to see and to do but it still doesn’t compare to living back home. I miss the rest of my family since my father and big brother still lives there and they mean so much to me. I just miss the laid back atmosphere and the beautiful weather it has all year around and the monthly holidays that it has to enjoy. I miss going to the beautiful beaches, rivers and something simple as picking juicy, fresh fruits off the trees.

English is one of my favorite classes because it gives me the opportunity to share my thoughts and ideas. However my weakness is I write the way I speak, I will like to enhance my vocabulary and to tighten my grammatical skills. I look forward to this class challenging, my creativity and the quality of the writing I produce.

One thought on “HI IM VUNITA

1. Thank you for this wonderful Introduction Vunita, and I hope that you’re enjoying the course so far! Your home in Trinidad and Tobago, with its beaches, fruits, & sunshine sounds lovely. I wish we had some sun right now … it’s been a looooong winter.