Hello

Hi, all. My name is Yang Yang Li. Everybody can call me Yang. I am a 100% pure Chinese from the south of the China and I can speak Mandarin and Cantonese. I am a nice guy, but, a little shy.  Three years ago, my family and I immigrated to here. Right now, I am living in Ditmas Park, Brooklyn. In addition, I am majoring in mechanical engineering.

First of all, please allow me to share a little bit about the Chinese New Year (= Spring Festival) because now Chinese people are celebrating the New Year. In Chinese’s calendar, it’s included the New style and old calendar. The Spring Festival day is count on the first day of January of the old calendar. Therefore, the Chinese New Year day changes every year. This year is the year of the horse. The most common traditional food is Dumpling which they will eat on the New Year day. Moreover, the children, unmarried people and I are extremely happy on the New Year days because we will get the Lucky Money (cash in the red envelope) from the married people and eldership. Finally, I would like to teach the most common greeting is Kung Hai Fat Choy.  This indicates may you be happy and prosperous! Kung Hai Fat Choy to all!!

Bring back to my introduction; I have one older sister and her also in college, too. I really enjoy spending time with my family and my friends. I love playing Mahjong with my grandmother, typically like swimming on the summer time. I considered myself swimming level just like fish that fast, however, my writing skill improve like snail. As a foreigner, I still have many problems on my writing, such as grammars, spellings and ideas, etc. this real makes me upset when I thinking my writing problems. Suddenly, i thinking about Michael Jordan’s maxim “I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying”. I like this sentence a lot. Hopefully, I can do well on the beginning semester. Also, I like Chinese food the most but not spicy, because i think if the food taste too spicy would takes away the original flavor from the food.

4 thoughts on “Hello

1. I once got a read envelope from my fifth grade teacher, and I attended the Chinese celebration it was really good. the dragon was the best part. happy new years to you and all Chinese people.