samar…

Hi, my name is Samar; I was born in Yemen and raised here in Brooklyn. I am the second oldest out of six children I also have two nieces. I am majoring in accounting hopefully when I graduate I don’t want to do tax papers I want to work at a bank.

I worked at a dentist office and physical therapy office, they were the best experience. I learned so much and it actually help me find my major because when I started college I didn’t know what I wanted to major I was thinking of being a dentist before I graduated from fort Hamilton  high school. but when I worked at the dentist office  I totally changed my mind, I knew it wasn’t  for me.

My goal in life is to make a difference starting from the smallest things even by smiling at people on your way to school, at work or even at home start from your family make them feel special and loved  it could actually change someone’s life . I once heard that a guy was so depressed and lonely he always thought no one loved him and there is no point of him living so he decided to walk the Brooklyn Bridge and if no one smiled or asked him what’s wrong he’ll commit suicide and he did he actually killed himself, helping as much as I can is what’s going to make my happy. I was actually in a group at the masque I go too. We basically use to help as much as when can. We visited people in the hospital, we went to feed the homeless people and we also raised money to help people in Africa. It was amazing.

I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, balling, ice-skating, and traveling. I want to go all around the world. I have passion for horses I hope one day I will get one. My favorite book is “gifted hands” by ben Carson. I love that book it gives hope and it shows you that it’s never too late to be better in life. I strongly recommend it. Favorite quote is “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, Love like you’ll never be hurt, Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”  By: William W.Purkey. This quote means so much to me it’s the definition of hope in the dictionary of my life.

One thought on “samar…

1. I hope that you’re enjoying the course so far Samar! It’s great that you have such a positive way of approaching other people, your career, and the world 🙂

Just a friendly reminder to add a photo of yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so) to your Introduction. You can always go back and “edit” this post to add it.