I have an outline that I am using to plan my speech, It can be easily filled using the information I already have from our unit two assignment. I am still deciding on the delivery method of the speech, If I am to write it out that would be in another document but if I am to voice record my speech that can be straight from my outline and I would upload the speech.

Informative Speech Outline (Change this to your title)

Name: Neal Ross
Date: 

General Purpose: To inform 

Specific Purpose: To inform the audience on the effects parents have on their LGBTQ+ kids. 

For my informative speech I would like to choose the topic of mental health in queer youth. My specific purpose is to inform the audience on the effects parents have on their LGBTQ+ kids mental health. I would be able to relate this to topic myself and use first-hand accounts from others, as well as found sources. 

My central idea will reflect on acceptance, or lack thereof, for queer identity from parents and how it directly effects mental health potentially leading to self-harming behaviors. I will be focusing my speech on cause and effect order, starting with acceptance from families, then moving to how mental health has been effected. 

Thesis:

Organizational Arrangement: Cause and effect

Introduction: 

Gain audience’s attention: 

Establish credibility: 

IV. Preview the body: “In this speech I will talk about:” 

1. 
2.  
3. 

Transition: 

Main point 1: 

• Supporting Point 
  • Supporting Point

Main point 2:

• Supporting Point 
  • Supporting Point 

Main point 3: 

• Supporting Point 
  • Supporting Point 

Transition: 

Conclusion 

I. Summarize main points: “Today I have told you about:” 

1.

2.

3.

Restate thesis:

End with “clincher”

Works Cited