Professor Belli | Fall 2022 | City Tech

The Speech of Robots: My progress so far.

I have written my progress in a word doc as it makes it easier for me to edit and rewrite my informative speech the way I feel needed. I have inserted a visual from the mammoth .docx converter of my current outline and plans for the project and how I feel about the way it’s going.

Brandon Rivera 11/14/22

The Speech of Robots: Progress and Plan/Outline

Goals, Plans, and Expectation:

My goal for this project is to write a well-developed informative speech for younger generations in order to see how robots can affect our future in the work field. I have written my outline here in a Word doc as it makes it easier for me to edit and write my thoughts out. I overall feel very confident I can give a well-developed speech by the deadline with all the information needed. I do think having the information that does not bore my reader will be difficult, but I know that I can find a way to either shorten it or find something else that fits with the topic. As this is also a new genre that I am writing in I am getting used to something outside my comfort zone.

Intro: Introduce topic , I have my introduction about fully done. I want to incorporate a story when I was a child.

Example: But as I grew older, I have come to the realization that robots are becoming not only better than humans but also adapting far quicker than us. Or are they? Robots without a doubt are becoming something that we might have to worry about in the future. It is stated by many experts that indeed it is something to worry about. “When will robots take our jobs?” by Captain, Sean he mentions “A 2020 World Economic Forum report predicted that robotics and automation would displace 85 million jobs globally in the coming five years” This is important to keep in mind because 5 years may seem like a while to go but in terms of development of robots it has just enough time to gather enough data to roll out generation 1 of a robot project. Also, a blog from unknown author from the company Saviom mentions “Even if the change is not imminent right now, industry experts such as Fortune have stated that “robots will replace 40% of jobs in the next 15 years”….

Paragraph 1: Importance of why losing 40% jobs is bad for us and what robots are capable of doing.

Example: But as I grew older, I have come to the realization that robots are becoming not only better than humans but also adapting far quicker than us. Or are they? Robots without a doubt are becoming something that we might have to worry about in the future. It is stated by many experts that indeed it is something to worry about. “When will robots take our jobs?” by Captain, Sean he mentions “A 2020 World Economic Forum report predicted that robotics and automation would displace 85 million jobs globally in the coming five years”…

Paragraph 2: As of now I do not have much written down for this sections of the speech. I want to mention and write how robots look facially like us and why they show programmed emotion. I will start paragraph 2 as follows:

Example: Something to consider about these robots is their striking similarity to us humans and their face structure…

Paragraph 3: Nothing as of now.

Conclusion: I want to write my reasoning behind why I even started with this speech. I want to include my personal feelings about robots and why I think our future generation needs to prevent jobs from being taken away.

Example: In order to wrap things up here the main reason this speech is brought to you is mainly because of Elon Musk and his most recent AI day event. He revealed his Tesla bot in which he specifically mentioned how its main purpose was to design a robot to target boring, tedious tasks.

1. Brandon Rivera

A PDF File here as well for a much easy view.

The Speech of Robots. Progess and Plans