Professor Belli | Fall 2022 | City Tech

Week 11: Monday, October 31 – Sunday, November 6

Hi everyone, and happy (Halloween!) Monday 🙂

This week I’ve decided to go back to a written announcement post, though I will incorporate more audio files going forward (I will also try to do a mix of both to accommodate different learning styles, preferences, and needs). Thanks to all for your feedback on that front!

As you know, this is the final week of Unit 2, and the entire week is devoted to finishing the content, compiling and revising the assignment, peer reviewing drafts, and then further revising, editing, and proofreading.

Hopefully you took my advice and have been working on the final source entry, conclusion, and compilation of the whole document, so you are reading to hit the ground running this week (that is all due by Wednesday at noon).

There are already additional resources posted in the Unit 2 Writing Workshop, and I’ll be making a Unit 2 Peer Review post Wednesday afternoon (after you submit your first drafts, and I can go in and create peer review groups and content based on submissions).

We are on a tight schedule this week, and it’s super-important that you submit your work on time. Please note that if you do not submit your first draft of Unit 2 by the deadline (12pm on W 11/2), you will not get the benefit of peer review on your work (though you will still be responsible for peer reviewing your classmates’ work).

But, in happy news, I have decided to extend the final deadline for the Unit 2 assignment from Friday, November 4th at 12:00pm to Sunday, November 6th at midnight (11:59pm), so you’ll have the entire weekend to continue to work on revisions and polish your work. Woohoo!!!

As always, all details are posted on the Schedule page.

I’m excited to see your projects reach the finish line, and I’m here to support you through this final Unit 2 push! If you have questions, drop a comment below, send me an email, &/or come to see me in my Office Hours.

If you need help or want to discuss anything, please make sure to be in touch with me as soon as possible (but definitely before Friday afternoon, as I won’t be checking email over the weekend, and the final draft is due Sunday night). We can always cover much more ground in a quick meeting than we can otherwise, so I encourage you to drop in to my Office Hours on Thursday (11:30am-12:30pm) to discuss your Unit 2 assignments &/or your midterm grades.

Don’t forget this week’s community-building activity!

What are your thoughts on Halloween? Love it? Hate it? Excuse to eat all-the-candy? Dressing up? Have kids or family members with whom you’re getting into the holiday spirit? Into ghosts & witches? Think the whole thing is a commodified waste of time / money? Have any Halloween traditions of your own?

You can share anything you’d like (including photos, links, stories, thoughts) that’s Halloween-related. The only requirement is that everyone should drop a comment here by EOD (end-of-day) Monday to get in the (spooky!) Week 11 discussion.

Thanks all, and have a wonderful week 🙂

1. Brandon Rivera

I like Halloween because it’s when I can enjoy all the candy I love. Also, I get to enjoy scary movies and scary games. I have not dressed up for Halloween in a long time, but this year, I instead assisted my friend with his outfit for the year. We both came to the conclusion that a Halo outfit would be cool because he wanted to 3D print the whole suit. The end result is still not ready but I am excited to see the final product.

• Jill Belli

I really enjoy horror movies too. Any other scary movie fans out there?

2. Neal Ross

I like halloween, Love going out to different parties and events with my friends. I like being able to dress up and see everyone else’s costumes.

• Jill Belli

Did you dress up this year Neal?

• Neal Ross

Yeahhh I was a werewolf on Friday and a skeleton on Saturday, they were last minute so they were kinda basic but it came together okay, Did you dress up?

• Jill Belli

Sounds like fun! (nope, no dressing up for me this year, though I do enjoy hearing about everyone else’s costumes)

3. Khandoker

4. Henry Ren

I hate Halloween and kids

5. Jamani Anderson

I like Halloween because a lot of kids can actually enjoy it and the customers that they come up with can be very creative and stuff.

I like to watch all sorts of Halloween movies and Halloween especially Horror movies one of my favorites is Halloween starring Michael myers 10/10 highly recommend the latest one.

6. Jill Belli

Happy Wednesday everyone! Unit 2 Peer Review is now live!

Please view the Unit 2 Peer Review post I made (also linked from the Schedule) — if you have any questions on that assignment, drop a comment there.

Thanks, & happy reading / revising 🙂