Professor Belli | Fall 2022 | City Tech

About Me, Holaly!!

Summary

Hello, my name is Holaly Dzakpa( first name meaning: unsure Last name: God lives My pronunciation: Ha-la-lee Traditional: Ho-la-lee) and I am an incoming freshman at New York City College of Technology. My name is not hard to pronounce but people still seem to get it wrong. I have two younger brothers and unfortunately no sisters but I love my brothers. I am scared but also excited for this journey as a young adult. I graduated from the Marie Curie school for medicine and health professions in the Bronx. I was born here but my family is from Ghana and as the oldest I have a ton of responsibility. Nursing has always interested me since middle school and as my intended major I know that means a lot of hard work but I am capable and very competitive. I would say I'm more of a cat person because they are chill and don't require as much attention as dogs. During this summer I didn't really do much except work for SYEP (summer youth employment program) and staying at home with my family. Sometimes I would go to the library just to read by myself. I'm a very shy person who is working on her social skills but I really try to make friends and maybe this year will be different. I hope college will get easier because right now I'm struggling at classwork.

Hope I meet you all soon!

College freshman impression

1. Jill Belli

Thanks Holaly for this Introduction, and for all your work in the course so far! I can definitely understand the struggle as a new college student, but hopefully things will become easier as you settle in over the next few weeks. Jamani & Brandon also mentioned that they were involved with SYEP — cool to see so many students having this connection!