WE ARE MEETING IN FRONT OF THE LIBRARY FOR NEXT CLASS
Rest of the blogs that were not graded have been graded. If you did not receive a grade for a blog it might be in the wrong the wring category so, please check that.
The whole class we discussed the movie, Metropolis. We were going to discuss “The Rise of Science Fiction from Pulp Mags to Cyberpunk” by Jeff VenderMeer, but we ran out of time. If you have not read it yet please do so, because we are going to discuss it soon.
Beginning of class everyone who did the H.W went up wrote a scene that they found interesting. Then we went to the movie and discussed the scenes.
- (00:16:03) “Machines looking like a monster”
- (1:13:33) Freder avoids the thin man using the elevator, this scene shows that Metropolis uses state of the art technology while the workers use old style technology.
- (1:33:40) Worker acts like a clock on machine.
- (1:25:59) Rot Wang creates a robotic version of Maria.
- Mad Scientist
Difference between the workers and the people above:
- Same clothes
- Head down
- Dirty clothes
- No emotions
Clubs of the Suns
- Different clothing color
- More light
- More space
- Maria’s eyes are significant because they are different from evil or android version of Maria. They are used to tell the difference between the two.
- Freder questions class and his reality after seeing Maria
- We see doubling happen a few times. For example, Maria and evil Maria. Also, When Freder changes his life with a worker.
For next class go to the links in Openlab. Those links will help you for next class.
Also if I missed anything please feel free to add by commenting.