How to behave as a girl

The short article “Girl” written by Jamaica Kincaid is basically telling how a girl should behave in public, such as something that a girl should do or not to do in order to act politely. This short article¬† is not that interesting for me, because I’m a guy and I was doing something which is a little different from the contents of this article. Generally the author of the article is like parents which teaching their girls how to act in the society and things to do everyday.

The author of the article said, “don’t walk barehead in the hot sun”, Just like what the parents told their girl and like what girls do in public, in order to protect themselves from the sunburn, the parents usually told their girl to put on a hat when they walk out from the house. The author also said, “when you are growing dasheen, make sure it gets plenty of water or else it makes your throat itch when you are eating it”, this showed the concern from the parents in order to protect their girls and showed how much they love their girls, the author is sharing her experiences to the girl as the protagonist to guide the girl what to do after she experienced the similar troubles.

To be honest, after reading the whole article, I literally get bored on the contents itself since it was like the direct conversation from guidance of the parents to their girls, to tell their girls what they should do or things they should be aware in public in order to live their life better.