Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Heder Pastuizaca and I am 21 years old. This is the first time I am using OpenLab and the first time I am blogging. I am a transfer student and a computer systems major,  I don’t know much about computers besides what the average person knows. I hope I get to learn more about computers here than in my previous college.

I enjoy biking, sports (including soccer, handball or volleyball), not that I am good at them. I have a fear of heights but I recently went hiking at Bear Mountain with some friends.

View from the top

I wish to not have the fear of heights so I could properly enjoy the view that I captured that day.

I wish to have a career that deals with computers and be able to move in the world of intelligence gathering and cyber security because everything is being connected to the internet and we are becoming more vulnerable.

Currently, I am working as a bar back at a local lounge/club in Queens called SL lounge, been working there for about two years now, very grateful that they have been very flexible with my me and my time in college for this long.

I think a strength I have is my very extensive imagination which should help in a class that deals with writing within the realm of fiction genre. I don’t write well for a college student, i enjoy reading but if i read for anything other than a read, I can’t enjoy myself very much and it becomes a chore.

What I enjoy most about reading is that reading can transport you to a different universe and time period at an instant, I enjoy that writing can be anything you want it to be, and I enjoy that critical thinking is another form of learning how to read people in real life.

I dislike that writing has to have fancy words and proper words and sentence structures, partly because when writing gets graded it is never good enough, I don’t like to force read something I don’t enjoy and I don’t have an opinion on critical thinking.

My favorite genre to read is action, adventure, sci fi, and a bit of drama, even though I don’t have a favorite text.

My sense of literature/fiction is a form of writing that allows the reader to envision a form of writing that takes imagination rather than a simple google search in order to understand the text given to them.

This course will probably help me improve my communication skills and should improve my writing skills, I don’t see this course helping me in my major besides learning how to write better when writing a report or writing a mail to a superior.

I expect to have a lot of fun in this course and be able to learn how write a little better than before. Of course this is my first time blogging so I hope I do better each time.

One thought on “Introduction

1. Profile photo of DanielDaniel

“My sense of literature/fiction is a form of writing that allows the reader to envision a form of writing that takes imagination rather than a simple google search in order to understand the text given to them”……The reader through, his imagination is part of text…….his imagination adds a new dimension to the text…I like it!