Homework for 11/2/17:
The Handmaids Tale Part 1 and 2, Blog due before 2:30pm Thursday
Groups for Peer Review:
1. Samuel, Sebastian, terry
2. Kahat, Penina, Calvin
3. Jordan, Chris, Blanca
4. Chris S., Adrian, Gem
5. Daniel, Taisha, Chris D
6. Kina, Jeffery, Stephen
7. Stevens, Heder, Imani
- Holistic/Global -> Local
How do I review?
Does it make sense?
Is it developed in points?
Quotes are they introduced?
Are they explained?
What is the main idea of the paragraph? Does the topic sentence reflect this?
Look over your introduction and find a balanced intro.
Final Essay due: Before 2:30pm (electronic and hardcopy)
Who is the Main Character:
• Her life experiences
• Story line is more dominate
• The blur on the back of the book
• Arthur seems to be more like Julius Cesar(Tragic Hero)
• Arthur is more like a literary device, a vessel
• His connections to the characters
Where do Kirsten and Arthur intersect?
Where do they overlap?
Both Kirsten and Arthur love theater
– passion and love for acting
– Attachment, father-figure with Arthur
Think about moments when characters overlap
What does it mean to be defined by something?
– People remember you by
– Internal significance, gives you meaning
(defined by something)
– Memories/motivation kills
– Purpose in life (career)
– Hero’s journey
– Love experiences
– “I repent nothing”
– Art (creates alternate worlds)
Station Eleven, has it landed on the progress of a Utopia?
Bring back fixed thoughts on Thursday