Freewrite: Reflect on Essay 1 peer review, drafting, revisions, next steps
- Homework for Next Week: Handmaid’s Tale, III – VIII and blog (Due: Monday 11/6)
- People’s choice (I and II) by Sunday 11/5
*Next week giving out writing tips (ex: voice, tone, point of view)*
*Introduction most important paragraph*
- Before turning in the final paper, copy & paste introduction and topic sentences on a new word document -> read it to see if it makes sense.
- Thesis Statement ≠ Thesis Paragraph
->leading up to the argument and 3rd person essay. Informal conversation and tone becomes chatty
Analogy: Buy a pizza but get Chinese food delivered instead.
Example Changing from first person to third person: I think this character did this… VS. This character did this…
Daniel: Introduction is a self contained paragraph.
The Handmaid’s Tale: A lot of unanswered questions.
- Women are treated unequally
*You can watch the Handmaid’s Tale hulu series but do not blog about it*
Book published: 1986
Characters: Offred is a handmaid (narrator) -> first person point of view
Hierarchy: Castes identity restriction movement and being treated like objects
Colors Associated With Role of Character
Offred/handmaid – red
Martha/maid – green
Commander – black
Wife – Blue
Print this page