Print, read, annotate, and blog about the ” Yellow Wallpaper”. The blog is due on 09/11 ( Monday night).
Make sure to bring all reading assignments to class next Tuesday.
In your reading responses have at least three text evidences.
REMINDER: Reread the blogging guidelines. The titles should not be ‘reading response #1’ or ‘my reading response for Girl’.
- Analyze – is the practice of looking closely at small parts to see how they affect the whole, breaking the text apart.
- Synthesis – is to combine two or more elements to form a new whole, putting the text together.
- Direct dialogue – a conversation between the characters in the story.
- Indirect dialogue – summary of a dialogue.
- Oxymoron – two opposite ideas are joined to create an effect in a text.
- Prodox – a statement that appears to contradict itself, but may be the same.
- Prose Poem – applies a natural flow of speech/rhythm.
Tips for blogging
- Don’t be reductive ( Tending to present a subject or problem in a simplified form ) in your blogging. Pay attention and include details in a complex situation.
- Pick a focus point, and then find evidence in the text to support the blog.
- It’s important to transition from one paragraph to another. The topic sentences of each paragraph needs to be a connected link.
- Don’t write about endless observations of each paragraph. Instead, analyze and focus on why it’s important and link it.
If anyone has any questions or thoughts about the readings that you would like to discuss, feel free to post and comment!