Well so far into this science fiction story, things just got a little interesting. After reading the last chapters of “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep,” I have just seen that andys may have their chances of being like us humans. In due time, they may finally know what that certain word was and they’re putting it into good used. And that word is “empathy.” If we go back to chapter 11, you see that Garland said to Rick that he wasn’t sure if him and the rest of the androids don’t have a empathy within them, just like the humans. But, if the androids keep on digging inside of their robotic bodies, then they would show their real selves.

For example, there was a time when a certain female android that had felt that experience. In chapter 16, page 189, Rachael, the female Pris android, was along side with Rick and had asked him “You know what I have? Toward this Pris android?” And then Rick thought the answer to her question is “Empathy.” And then she told him “Something like that. Identification; there goes I. We are machines, stamped out like bottle caps. It’s an illusion that I-I personally-really exist; I’m just representative of a type.” This scene means that Rachael is having this weird feeling of becoming something or someone different, but she doesn’t want to believe it in herself. It goes to show that in this stage right now, you can always say that it is who they are in the inside and outside, but as we move along, that feeling my change and so as who the andys really are mostly on the inside.