To sign-up for an OpenLab account, create your profile, and become familiar with the system:
- Sign in to your City Tech email account via the City Tech website link or Live.com
- Sign up for an OpenLab account ASAP (no later than the end of class on Th 8/27))
- If you have trouble clicking the confirmation link in the email from the OpenLab, try cutting and pasting it into the address bar of Firefox or Chrome
- Log in to the OpenLab
- Join our course, ENG 2720: Writing with New Media, by clicking on its Course Profile
- Browse through the OpenLab (even if you’ve used it before, check it out again: we just did a new release and it has a new look/feel!), noticing how people use it and what kind of materials they include
- Click on People & browse through a few pages of OpenLab members, looking at the avatars and reading about the members in their profile sections
- Now create your own profile, uploading an avatar and including a bio/profile (remember, this info. is available to the public!).
Questions? If you need technical support, you should check out the (very detailed/helpful!) Help section of OpenLab, &, if you still have questions, contact the wonderful OpenLab Community Team.