Calvin, Ogulcan, Rosa Meeting Minutes #3

Meeting Minutes

Online virtual meeting via Skype – 30 November 2014

Meeting called to order at 7:40 PM by Calvin

Members present:

Rosa, Ogulcan

Reading of Agenda

To discuss how to approach the new direction of our project again and what transpired during the discussion we held with the professor after class. Assign who needs to work on what, and what to research on.


7:40 PM                Discuss the agenda

7:50 PM                Discuss what we should start preparing and doing while we wait for a response from Professor Belli.

8:05 PM                Listing sources that were related to: effectiveness of teacher evaluations, what they measure, what they intend to measure.

8:30 PM                Established which sources to use to write our new annotated bibliographies.

Adjourned at 9:00 PM


Meeting Minutes

Online virtual meeting via Skype – 2 December 2014

Meeting called to order at 8:50 PM by Calvin

Members present:

Rosa, Ogulcan

Reading of Agenda

To discuss how to approach the new mockup of our survey. Tunnel vision is the main priority right now.



8:55 PM                Discussed about how our survey can go. It can proceed in two directions:

Assessing what students think is most important such as courses, mentorship, faculty advising and design the survey around that.

Ask students general questions about faculty. Questions such as things that the school lacks, some gaps, deficits, what they would need, and what problems there are.

We decided that we will do a mix of both elements.  Our questions will give students a better freedom of choice.

9:00 PM                Looked over the City Tech student teacher evaluation form.


9:30 PM              We as a group came up with questions that we will present to our class peers for    review.

Adjourned at 10:00 PM

Meeting Minute 3 –Tony, Samson, Goutam

Date: 11/30/2014

Start Time: 6:00 pm

End Time: 7:00 pm

Location: Skype video chat at 6:00pm

Attendees: Tony Chi, Goutam Seepersaud, Samson Gong

Objective: To discuss our previous presentation, and how to improve upon it for final presentation

Work Assigned

  • Samson is assigned to do the minute.
  • Goutam was assigned to do the agenda.


  • A classmate suggested adding a comment section under the question “How often you visit City Tech’s website”.

Mobile Application

  • Talk about the usability of the features incorporated in the application.
  • Plan to export the application onto the iPhone

Final Presentation and Paper

  • We need to work on our delivery of our presentation
  • Talk slower, and more thought-out reply
  • How to write a “Term of Use”


Next Class Meeting

  • Try to complete the final paper.


Meeting adjourned at 7:00 PM

Minutes respectfully compiled and submitted by Samson Gong




Ivan, Enrique, Iurii, Rene Minutes

Meeting minutes 12/01/2014
12:30 PM – 1:13 PM

Attendees (Skype)
Ivan Kelemen, Enrique Bisono, Iurii Druchuk, Rene Alcon
Ivan Kelemen
● Discuss Rules / Manual combo layout (both teacher and student edition)
● Readjust the design of the game to fit new materials
● Research into question cards for the kids
● Talk about the write up we will need to do
● We discussed the layout of the new manuals. They will be different between the kids version and the teachers edition. We also are beginning to organize the research we have better and categorize it for what we will need. (ie. some research will be used for the manuals but won’t be used for the write up that we will need)
● After doing research into plastic materials we found some that work for us. We had to change the design around to meet the size restrictions of the material that we have now. Rene will begin
working on the new design while Ivan decides on a better name for the game and a logo.
● We have all collected the research to begin writing the cards. We talked about the style we will make them. There will be a variety used, some of them will be funny and taken from fantasy and other will be very realistic and based strictly from the real world. We think a good balance of these is very important.
● Lastly we talked about the grueling write up we will have to. we are deciding how we will split the work up and who will handle what. we currently only decided how to approach it and nothing more as of yet. Next time we can talk, we will write an outline after we find out more info from the professor.

The meeting ended at 1:13 PM

Jason, Ray, Vincent, Minutes week of 11-26-14

December 1, 2014

Attendees: Jason Choy, Ray Chen, Vincent Cornelio

Location: Virtual

Meeting called to order at 3:00 PM by Jason Choy

I. Discuss the current progress of the project

  • Jason says that the game might be complete, and only needs to be played through in order to find and fix possible errors.
  • No changes to the manual as of yet.
  • The group agrees that the main thing missing from our last presentation was a Works Cited page.

II. Future plans

  • Jason and Ray come up with some sample survey questions such as “Did you find the manual to be helpful?”, “How would you rate the manual’s accessibility?”, and “How frightening was the game?”
  • Jason says that the survey should be distributed via physical printed copies, and the group agrees.
  • Ray says that for the first draft of the final write-up, we can use all of our existing sources and our annotations, and make annotations for the newer sources. The group agrees unanimously.
  • Ray says that we can probably make 2-4 pages for the first draft, which we all agree on.

Meeting adjourned at 3:50 PM
Minutes respectfully compiled and submitted by Jason Choy.

Meeting Minutes/ Agenda from Lian, Derrick, Deniel and Chris

Group 5: Chris, Deniel, Derrick, Lian

Location 1: In Class

November 19, 2014; 12:30pm-2:00pm

Location 2: Library

November 21, 2014; 4:30pm-6:45pm

Location 3: Online (Skype)

November 22, 2014; 7:25pm-8:25pm

Location 4: Online (Skype)

November 24, 2014; 11pm-12:05pm


Meeting 1:

Distributed the survey and memo to the other students of class to get their feedback about the survey.

Reviewed the survey to see what needed to be changed after the other students were finished with it.

We met with professor Belli to discuss our first draft of the survey and memo.


Meeting 2:

Discussed the survey draft from class and made corrections needed be.

Planned the groups which are going to work on the memo and survey.


Meeting 3:

Discussed what we are going to be doing for the presentation on Wednesday.

Since the memo and survey are being revised, we plan on sending it to professor Belli to get feedback of our corrections once completed.

Plans on having another meeting for Monday night to gather all information needed for presentation.

Meeting 4:

Finished gathering ideas on what we are going to be doing for the presentation.

Chose what part everyone in the group was going to be working on.


Meeting Minutes #2 – Calvin, Ogulcan, Rosa

Meeting Minutes #2

Online virtual meeting via Skype – 23 November 2014

Meeting called to order at 7:20 PM by Calvin

Members present:

Ogulcan and Rosa

Reading of Agenda

To discuss the new direction of our survey and to tackle/resolve issues on our to-do-list that we created in class on 19 November 2014 and how to approach our power point presentation.

New Business:

  • Created and shared the Google Drive folder.
    • Allows the group to work collaboratively synchronously and asynchronously.
  • Started tackling tasks on the to-do-list. Tasks were based on feedback received from students in class from the first draft of our survey.
  • Discuss the new direction of the survey.
    • How will it benefit students?
    • Don’t want to recreate a survey that is similar to the Assessment Institutional Research (AIR) that has already been conducted numerous times by CUNYs.
  • Break our survey down into faculty and education for now. We will discuss if we need more areas after the 2nd round of feedbacks from students and Professor Belli.
  • Assign who will research what on each of these categories.
    • Compile a list of questions.
    • Deliberate which ones to choose.
    • Rephrase it to make it as clear as possible and decide what type of format it should be in.
  • Look at some existing student experience surveys and find out how we can distinguish ours from theirs.
  • Discuss the organization and content of our PowerPoint presentation.
    • Discuss who will present what.
    • Discuss how many potential slides.

Meeting adjourned at 11:15 PM

Meeting Minutes #3 Ivan, Iurii, Enrique, Rene

Meeting minutes        11/21/2014

8:30 PM – 9:17 PM

Attendees (Skype)

Ivan Kelemen, Rene Alcon, Iurii Druchuk


Ivan Kelemen


  • Discuss Rules / Manual combo
  • Discuss the “teacher edition” manual
  • Plan out putting the prototype together
  • Talk about the PowerPoint
  • We first went over what we talked about with Prof. Belli. We decided that the rules we planned to do for the students will turn in a manual. First and foremost, we will list an intro to the game. Next, we will have the game rules. Following that, we will put a list of the materials and explain how the game (from a technical sense) works. This should be more entertaining for the kids and it will give us a chance to deliver a better… deliverable.
  • The second thing talked about was the “teacher edition” manual. This will be like the kids manual, but much more in depth. Ivan and Rene suggested to take lots of pictures of the board-game being put together and to include these in the manual. We all discussed what kind of research we will need to do to supplement this manual. Along with our rational, we will include research to back up why this game will help kids and different ways the teacher can utilize the game to help them.
  • Enrique mentioned the materials we will need to put the prototype together. The full game will be 3 player and for the prototype we will put together one side of the game. Just enough to show our concept.
  • The last thing on the agenda is the PowerPoint. We decided that Ivan will go first and handle the introductions, rational…etc. Rene will go next and talk about the design and putting the game together and how it will benefit the kids. Then Enrique will go and talk about materials and why we chose them and how the game will work. Last but not least will be Iurii. He will talk more about the research we are doing into board-games and how kids learn. Then he will go over the question cards we will have and give a few examples.


As the class ended at 9:17pm. Created a GoogleDrive document for the PowerPoint presentation and got started on that

Jason, Ray, Vincent, Minutes Week of 11-19-14

November 24, 2014
Attendees: Jason Choy, Ray Chen, Vincent Cornelio
Location: Virtual
Meeting called to order at 5:00 PM by Vincent Cornelio

I. Progress report

  • Jason presents a video showcasing the finalized first level of our game, which will be used on the presentation. Positive feedback.
  • All three members reviewed the current state of the game manual. More information was added to the gameplay section by Jason addressing things mentioned by Ray and Vincent, but it’s not yet complete.

II. Discussion of the Power Point presentation

  • We discussed the outline for our Power Point presentation, and came to the conclusion of 11 slides.
  • Jason informed us of a new video that he made showcasing the first level of our game, and we agreed to include it in our Power Point.
  • Unanimous agreement that we should read the second slide and closing slides of our Power Point together as a group.
  • Ray provided pictures of the dungeons and torture chambers to be placed in the Power Point, because he does not have access to the Microsoft Power Point program. Other members with the access to Power Point will be editing and adding to the slides.
  • Unanimous agreement that Jason should cover slide three, Vincent will cover slide four, Ray will cover slides 5-6 (pictures of the dungeon and torture chambers) and we will do the rest together.
  • On the day of the presentation, the group agreed that Jason should bring a flash drive with the Power Point (which will also be on Google Drive and probably Dropbox), and each member should bring printed copies of the game manual for the rest of the class to see.

III. Future plans

  • Jason said he will have the last level of the game completed by next Monday. Unanimous agreement that he will show the level to all members once it’s completed.
  • The members will continue to work on the game manual, which we have shared over Dropbox.

Meeting adjourned at 6:00 PM
Minutes respectfully compiled and submitted by Ray Chen.

Meeting Minute 2—-Tony, Goutam, Samson

 Date: 11/23/2014

Start Time: 6:00 pm

End Time: 7:00 pm

Location: meeting called to order at 6:00 PM by Tony Chi, Skype.

Attendees: Tony Chi, Goutam Seepersaud, Samson Gong

Objective: To discuss application features and first presentation.

Last class meeting

  • Everyone is recalling what we did on the last meeting
  • Discussed about what needs to be improve on survey conducted in class
  • Tony suggests to ask professor for permission to make an announcement to class so we could conduct the survey before final presentation
  • Tony also said by since the last survey wasn’t successful,  we should do it one more time to improve our app according to feedbacks 

App Feature

  • Tony asked the group for suggestions of what else should include in the app
  • Goutam said that we should add department location to the app
  • Samson suggested to add campus map and phone directory of city tech
  • Goutam say we should look into other college’s mobile app for advice.


  • Goutam and Samson came up an idea of adding video clip of our app to the presentation
  • We all agree to prolong it for final presentation if possible due to the time shortage
  • Samson suggested to embed emulation of app such as map in the video clip
  • Samson said it is better to use note than type it out when presenting
  • Tony said powerpoint should be highlight of ideas
  • Our group decided to have Samson start out the presentation, Tony is going to explain features in the app, Goutam is going to talk about survey that helps improving our app.

Meeting adjourned at 7:00 PM

Date: 11/24/2014

Start Time: 9:00 pm

End Time: 9:00 pm

Location: meeting called to order at 9:00 PM by Tony, Skype.

Attendees: Tony Chi, Goutam Seepersaud, Samson Gong

Objective: Continuation of  first presentation.



  • Goutam suggested to display a screenshot of each feature for a slides
  • our group discussed about how many slides to fit in the presentation
  • Tony showed app features screenshot he did so far

Meeting adjourned at 9:30 PM

Minutes respectfully compiled and submitted by Tony Chi

Meeting Minutes 11/19/2014 Ivan Kelemen, Rene Alcon, Iurii Druchuk, Enrique Bisono


Meeting minutes fro day:        11/19/2014Time: 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM


Attendees (in class)

Ivan Kelemen, Rene Alcon, Iurii Druchuk, Enrique Bisono


Iurii Druchuk


  • Consult with Prof. Belli
  • Discuss deliverables in terms of look and parts(rules/manual/instruction)
  • Set up the most valid dimensions
  • Decide presentation order and type

During the Meeting

  • As we talked with the professor, Ivan has presented most of the deliverables for the next class, and for the final result. Rene have introduced the sketches and brought up the rules that we have so far laid out. While Enrique stated about our safety solutions and suggested that we are going to use safe materials. Ivan as well, introduced the clear-transparent plastic glass, which is really meant to make the game look better and safer. Iurii had a question about the final deliverables, he asked “how strict should the format of the manual should be?” and Prof. Belli explained that it should be in two formats, one a booklet, which is going in the box, and the other is actual manual, which consists of our research, glossary, instructions for the teachers and for students separately.
  • During the consultation and afterwards we have agreed to write two sets of instruction, one for kids and the other for teachers, in order to make it clear for our users in both categories.
  • As well the professor suggested that we should include some research facts into our final project, therefore Iurii has suggested to use the facts in a fan way, maybe make some fun relations or jokes related to the facts like “hey, did you know how much ice cream can buy an electrical engineer for his salary?” and some similar funny facts to engage kids, and just try to give them something that they will be truly interested in.
  • Afterwards, we got together and resolved some issues about design. We have stumbled across the dimensions of the game, how wide and tall it should be. Since outer panels of our game are going to wrap around the main electric components, Enrique stated basic dimensions, and basically, we came up that our game will has to fit three compartments for battery, breadboards, and wires. After Enrique will make a basic inner layout of all of the electric parts, he said that he will send them to Rene, and Rene will set the dimensions for the outer panels of the game.
  • Ivan suggested that while meeting next time, probably Tuesday, we would try our basic prototype and we will go from there further on.  Rene suggested that we should meet on Tuesday, on which we all agreed.
  • After agreeing on the next meeting date Ivan brought up the presentations and that we should each talk and present our part, however, in a collaborative manner work together in the google drive to make all part contextual. For that part Ivan suggested that we could use a PowerPoint or a google slides for this part. So we have decided that Ivan will present first and introduce all of the work, deliverables and subjects of our manual, Enrique will be second and talk about the “heart” of the game, which is electrics, then Rene, will introduce basic design and more detailed sketches, afterwards Iurii is going to introduce research materials and how they are going to be interpreted so that it will fun for kids.




As the class ended at 2:00pm we left satisfied with the discussion. Each of us had clear understanding of what he should do and what are next goals for the group. On the next meeting we will most likely work with physical prototype and manuals.