Notes: [ 09/17/2014 ]
Main Topic: Correspondence
Free-Writing (15 mins)
- Reflect on how City Tech/department and major have prepared you for the types of jobs out there?
- “Dream Big”- given unlimited resources, what would you recommend to the college or department (in terms of overall education/ career preparedness).
Group Work and Discussion
- Share ideas with your group members on what you wrote in your free-writing.
- Take a look at CityTech’s courses/majors and compare it to other colleges.
- Brainstorm ideas
‘My Ideal Department’ [That we wished CityTech would offer to students]
- Classes size
- Career Mechanics
Group Work Discussion/ Research of other colleges
- Not enough professors/classes (lack of variety)
- No labs, lack of software
- More internship classes should be offered
- More communication and feedback from companies
- Professors must speak English clearly or can be understood
- Unnecessary course requirements
- Certification assistance
- Better advisement
- Job Center
- More Professors and courses
- Technical Works
- Support from the library (assistance)
- More resource
- Extracurricular activities
- Independent research
- Field trips that relates to the field we are in
- Wider usage of instruction technology (Blackboard, open lab)
- Gym, recreational areas
- Better elevators
Assignment 2 (discussed the task for the assignment)
Work/task for the next 2 weeks
- Memo Letter
For more information check schedule.