~Vince here~ It’s My Turn…

Hey everyone! My name is Vincent Cornelio but you can call me Vince that’d be great. I was born  in the Philippines and my native language is Cebuano one of the languages spoken in the Philippines. My major is Computer Systems Technology and I am now entering my fourth year in City Tech. Before attending City Tech I originally attended York College for one semester and the major that I originally chose there was Education. However, I didn’t feel that pathway was the right one for me because since I was a kid I’ve always wanted to be a part in a major where computer technology is involved . Moving on, entering my first semester at City Tech as a Computer Systems Tech major was fun  because I love my major and even though some classes like programming, were very challenging to me it didn’t bother me so much because I’m having fun with it.

One of the best places to go in the Philippines called Simala.

Now the good stuff. The things that I like to do. Well, I love playing basketball ever since. I grew up playing basketball with my cousins in the Philippines since I was 5 years old and I really have a passion in playing the game. When I was in middle school I played in our school as a point guard and even though I wasn’t really tall that didn’t stop me from playing the game of basketball since I loved it. But when I entered high school I stopped playing basketball because I wanted to focus more on my studies.  Moreover, other hobbies that I like is playing video games and computer games (video games:NBA 2K12, 2K14, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Final Fantasy, Mortal Kombat.  //Computer Games: Fly For Fun, Counter Strike).

The things I don’t really like to do is reading and writing. I don’t  know why but I was never really  a fan of reading and writing and I have no reason at all on why I hate it. I just find it hard overall to sit down and read a book. However it doesn’t mean I don’t like to read a book here and there but the book just needs to be incredibly amazing in order for me to get into it and read it.Writing on the other hand is different, because I like writing but I just  find it difficult to write especially if the writing assignment is long and needs a lot of reading analysis in order for me to complete the task. Moreover, reading and writing are one of my goals to be better at and I know it’s not an easy task to accomplish but I am looking forward for the challenge.

I’ll end it here for now. I’m looking forward in getting to know all of you guys. As of now I don’t have anything to ask in regards to the class because I really don’t have an idea what we will be doing in the course. But I am excited to be a part of this class and I do hope I’ll learn new things  about technical writing throughout the course. If you have more questions for me don’t hesitate to ask me in person.

I went back home in the Philippines during the summer. I had such a great time for 3 months!

-Signing off: Vincent Cornelio

“There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.” -Leo Tolstoy