- All essays (except those written/submitted in class) must be double-spaced (use one-inch margins on all sides) and typed (Times New Roman font, size 12)
- Make sure to include your name, the essay assignment (and whether it is a first draft or final draft), my name (Professor Belli), and the date. Also, include your last name and page number on the top right corner of each page.
- Include a title for your essay (center but do not underline or italicize; do not use quotation marks or bold/larger font)
- Make sure to include a “Works Cited” page that gives the bibliographic information for your texts as well as parenthetical citations (for page numbers) within the body of your essay. All citations should be in the correct MLA format.
- Staple your papers (do not paperclip them or leave the papers loose)
- You should carefully proofread your essay to eliminate spelling, grammatical, syntactical, and organizational errors. Do not rely simply on a computer spelling/grammar check to do your proofreading. Read your essay out loud – you are much more likely to catch errors this way.
- If possible, visit the City Tech Learning Center to work on your essay.
- I encourage you to come conference with my about your writing for this assignment; however, due to the time constraints often present and the number of students who may wish to see me, I encourage scheduling an appointment with me in advance of the due dates if you would like to discuss your work.
- If you do not have a computer or a printer at home (or if they temporarily do not work), you should use the resources that City Tech offers you: there are Computer Labs throughout campus where you can work and print your writing. Do not wait until the morning a draft is due to write, proofread, or print it.
- Plagiarism, as always, will not be tolerated. Refer to the City Tech Academic Integrity Policy on the syllabus for the college’s policy. You may also wish consult additional resources such as the UNC Writing Center’s handout on plagiarism. If you have any questions/concerns about plagiarism, it is your responsibility to notify me immediately so I can provide further clarification. Any assignments that involve plagiarism will automatically fail the assignment and may result in failure of the course.