Two FREE “storytelling” events tomorrow (W 1/8) in Manhattan!

Happy 2014 everyone!

I hope that the new year is treating you all well so far, and that you are enjoying your break. I know our course is over, but I just want to let you know about two wonderful (free!) events happening tomorrow evening, both of which are related to the themes of our course (conflation of fiction/fact, narrative truth, storytelling). The first event below even features Gish Jen (who wrote the short story, “Who’s Irish?” that we read in class).

I’m hoping to go to the second event (the film at MoMA), but if I can’t get tickets, I will be at the Ozeki/Jen event. Perhaps I’ll see some of you at one of these events!

The Interdependent Self: A Reading with & Conversation with Ruth Ozeki & Gish Jen

• Tickets are free to this event (just RSVP via Eventbrite)
  • Wednesday, 1/8, 7pm @Asian American Writers’ Workshop (Manhattan)

Stories We Tell (Sarah Polley), film

• CUNY students get in free to MoMA (did you know this? you should take advantage of this amazing amazing museum!). I believe this applies to the films as well, but you can call to doublecheck if you’re interested in going.
  • Advance tickets are sold out, but MoMA will release rush tickets tomorrow (W 1/8) at 9:30am, either person at the museum or online (at the link above)
  • Wednesday, 1/8, 6:30pm @MoMA (Manhattan)
  • Click here to read the New York Times review to learn more about the film