Giving Lolita a Voice

The scene I chose to re-write is the scene where HH just picked up Lo at camp and is taking her to the hotel. It can be found in section 27, page 112.

“Well you haven’t kissed me yet have you?” I asked him.
I looked away immediately after I said it, completely embarrassed. Yet, I couldn’t disguise my longing for the feeling of his lips on mine. “Are you crazy?! He’s your stepfather. He’s old and he definitely does not feel the same way about you that you do about him.” But, hell I could not make it more awkward than it already is.
No sooner had he stopped the car than I flew into his arms. A tingling sensation cascaded through my body. I felt him on every inch of me, the warm, flowing passion flowing through me like a forest fire with a mission. I could not believe how right–or strange it felt. This was wrong, so wrong. My mother is in the hospital for God’s sake and all I’m thinking about is hooking up with her husband. What the hell is wrong with me? What will she think? She already hates me, this will just drive her over the edge. Boarding school here I come. Hes still kissing me back, maybe he feels the sa–wait a minute, was that a cop car?

1 thought on “Giving Lolita a Voice

1. wow your interpretation is so good, i love how you still kept it with the story and made it seem like Lolita is freaking out inside yet speaks a different way. It was really good 🙂