Annotated bibliography

Annotated bibliography by Kiyanna cush

Improving Student Outcomes via Comprehensive Supports: Three-Year Outcomes From CUNY’s Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP).

The main idea for this article discusses the reason behind ASAP which is one of the many student advisory programs that help college students succeed. It tells the main goal behind the program the reason and a the need of the program as well as the tactics used by the program in order for it to work and actually have proof that it works . it also explains the great outcome of the program how it encourages students to achieve to their highest potential. If it was the ideology that programs like this are needed in order for people to prosper in college  and this supports my research because I am looking for information that backs up the need for ASAP.

Work cited

Kolenovic, Zineta, Donna Linderman, and Melinda Mechur Karp. “Improving Student Outcomes Via Comprehensive Supports: Three-Year Outcomes From CUNY’S Accelerated Study In Associate Programs (ASAP).” Community College Review 41.4 (2013): 271-291. Academic Search Complete. Web. 1 Dec. 2013.

What Kinds Of Advising Are Important To Community College Pre- And Posttransfer Students?”

The main idea of this article is basically a great suggestion of seeking advisory  to the different varieties a student  that attends college. the reason why this article supports my research is because I am basically trying to find how student advisory affect those who fall under the category of needed this type of assistance. another reason why this article stood out to me because it also addresses the students who may not want to stay at the college their attending  you still get the assistance you need in order to succeed even if you don’t plan on staying their

Work cited

Allen, Janine M., Cathleen L. Smith, and Jeanette K. Muehleck. “What Kinds Of Advising Are Important To Community College Pre- And Posttransfer Students?.” Community College Review 41.4 (2013): 330-345. Academic Search Complete. Web. 1 Dec. 2013.