What a Speech?

Bill De Blasio Summary

In the NYC mayoral candidate speech Bill De Blasio is introduced by his daughter (Brother on the side). Bill came out (with wife) and started his speech by thanking everyone that has been on his side from the start, the people of the city, leaders, organizations est. He then spoke of how he wants to change the city in positive ways, change the fact that hospitals are been replaced by condos, also, help better the city by putting a stop to racial profiling by the cops (the people who are suppose to make the city a safer place) and to help with the education of the new generation. last but not least he wants to put an end to the cities biggest problem, the enormous gap between the rich and poor.

Analysis:

Bill De Blasion speech started by him (Bill) been introduced by his daughter. She start it of by talking about how no matter how much doubting she gets from others she will still make her own road to vitory, then she speaks on how good of a public servant and activist her father is; which to me is what it’s all about. To be a leader you need to have certain qualities/skills; he has two of them.

At 1:44 Chiara (Daughter) speak of how every vote her father got was a voice saying enough is enough, to me this is a bold statement because it’s statements like these that helped Obama get his voter, meaning that having the perfect mission statement can mean the difference between winning and lossing. One thing to keep in mind is that saying something is not the same as doing something.

At 3:25 as bill steps up stage the news station host speak about how he did his speech in Brooklyn instead of Manhattan like the other members, to me this show how much he cares of his community and how much of a change they need. By doing this it shows his voters that he has not forgotten the reason he is running for mayor.

By listening to Bills speech i can say that he got my vote because as a member of the city all the changes that we need he just spoke of. He points out all the wrongs that the city is going through and if he becomes mayor and he puts all those wrong thinks as priorities he would fall as one who made a change, now a days people like him is hard to come by.

Joe Lhota Summary

In Joe Lhotas speech he started by thanking everyone, his wife, daughter, parents, voters and colleagues. He speak of how these people (Above) have helped him to get his win, by voting and by his colleagues staying late working to make it happen.

Analysis:

At first he thanks the people (while people where still clapping and yelling) then he goes and thanks his beloved once (wife, daughter, parents), colleagues, and voters. He then implies that by him been there is a step further to “a stronger future”. To me this was a rough start to his speech because he seems to be kind of nervous, unprepared as if he doesn’t know what else to say.

This speech could of been a lot better, i feel as if he though he wasn’t going to win and wrote the speech on his ways down to the conference. In the speech he didn’t speak about his goals as a mayor (if Wins), the problem of the city, mistakes of present mayor. I feel like he went on that stage to show that he won, to say thanks and then keep the day going.

Comparison:

In general Bill De Blasio hit it out the park with his speech because first of all he let his daughter open the conference which shows how is not just him by himself that is trying to input on how to make the city a better place, he got his daughter by his side his son, and wife which all showed their care for the candidate and his goals. Also, in Bills speech he didn’t just speak about himself he paid respect to the 9/11 tragedy, which to me also shows that he is passionate toward a better future for New York.

[Revision]

Joe Lhota Summary:

In 2013 Mayoral candidate speech Joe starts it off by thanking everyone that supported him and his campaign then he continue by speaks of New York how it’s a city of five boroughs but we stand as one. He also speaks of how him and his family have been part of NY; his family have work for the city since he was a little. He continues by say that “Bill De Blasio is peaking of “a tale of two cities”, Joe says that bill is trying to destroy all the process that the city has done, he calls it “class warfare, a attempt to divide the city“. He speaks of how he doesn’t want to lte the city back to bankruptcy he wants a better city for everyone to enjoy. He wants to fix all the neighborhoods so they can be save for all, one way to keep the street save is by “Supporting the NYPD”, also said that “he will support the NYPD and the Stop and Frisk law”. To help with the economy his plan is focus on fixing the tax for entrepreneur so they can have a better chance to open up new jobs.

Analysis:

In this full speech i notice that Joe went in depth on what his plan for the city is, and they all sound great but there are certain things in his plans that i feel wont help the city to proceed. One thing of his plan that to me wouldn’t really help would be the stop and frisk that he is supporting 100%. To me this wouldn’t help because people of the city are already against the stop and frisk law because this violates certain amendment laws which aren’t suppose to be touch by no one according to the founding fathers.

Apart from the stop and frisk I agree with the plans he is trying to admit. I agree with the cleaning of the streets for a safer place for everyone, with the arrangement (changes) with the entrepreneurs to help open more jobs something that the city is in need of, changing the fines and fees that jobs to help them have a better chance to stay open and hire new employees.

Comparison:

Now that I have looked at both full speeches I believe that Joe may have won the speech because in joes speech he speaks somehow in depth on his plans, changes est. that he is trying to implied.