Vision of Well-Being in NYC Mayoral Candidate Speeches

Summary

Democratic nominee, Bill De Blasio main point in his speech was to make the city of New York a better place for people to live. In  De Blasio speech he talk about how he wanted to stop people from closing down hospital to make condos. Also he talk about how he wants to tax on the wealth people so he could fix the education system. De Blasio spoke about making affordable housing for the people of New York. De Blasio mention all the problem that New York is facing right now we need a change.

Republic nominee Joe Lhota main point in his speech was to build a stronger future for New York City. Lhota focus on Vision, Issue, Principals and Experience for New York. Lhota campaign always been about things that matters to New York and how the mayoral can serve his people. Lhota spoke about how he could build a better future for New York. Lhota goal is to make a better future for the people of New York.

Analyzing

Bill De Blasio made good points I think its a good idea they should tax on the wealth people because we need the money for a better education system. I believe they should stop closing down hospital because we need hospitals in this city not condos. I believe making affordable housing is good because houses in New York is to expensive for people to rent. Our economy is already bad people can not afford high price houses. Bill De Blasio made things more clear to understand what needs to be solve. He would get my vote. De Blasio cover most of the problems New Yorkers is facing right now.

Joe Lhota talk to much about his campaign. He should focus on the people not his campaign. His speech was to short not enough information why we should vote for him. Lhota didn’t explain his plan about how he would build a better future for New York. I didn’t really understand his speech. Lhota seem like a selfish person, he cares to much about himself not the people of New York. I wouldn’t vote for Joe Lhota because he cares to much about his campaign not the problem that people of New York is facing right now.

Compare/Contrast

Candidate Bill De Blasio and John Lhota both have plans for the future of New York City. Bill De Blasio is mostly about the people of New York. De Blasio want to build a good environment for the people of New York. Joe Lhota focus mostly on his campaign. Lhota is mostly about what the people need not what the people want.