What is “Happiness” to Gildaira?

Happiness to me is being surrounded by people who love you as much as you love them, enjoying their company, and doing the things you love to do with them. Also, being able to have a smile on your face everyday, and just enjoying life to the fullest. Two of the main things that make me happy are being able to achieve all my goals and having positive influences around me.

Some other things that make me happy are playing volleyball, shopping, having family meetings with lots of food present :D, my phone, my macbook, music and simple things like that (:

[Revision for 9/10]

Now that I have to explain myself even more about what makes me happy, or what happiness means to me, I’ve come to a conclusion of what really does. My accomplishments in life make me the happiest. A specific goal that I recently accomplished was being able to graduate high school on time, as a 16-year-old. I did not get to walk the stage in what was supposed to be my graduation this past June. Why? because I decided not to attend regents prep after school for the Living Environment regent that I took in June, and failed it. I was so upset and disappointed because I had 54 credits, number 8 in my class ranking. Only reason why I didn’t get to graduate was because of the 59 I got on it in June. I then had to attend regents prep during the summer, which I hated but had to do it to be able to pass the regent in August, and get my High School diploma.

I attended regents prep Monday-Thrusday from 8:30 a.m to 10:30 a.m, and then go to work until 4 PM. When I got home everyday I used to study and review that day’s notes. I used to do that for about 30 minutes, and then get on regentsprep.org to do some test related questions. My main goal at that time was to remember the material I was studying and have the confidence that I was going to pass the test.

I passed the regent with a 69 in August.┬áMy goal was now accomplished. I felt so relieved because I really thought I was going to get traumatized if I had to go back to school in September (tomorrow), just to try to pass it in January 2014. I didn’t get the best grade on it but at least I passed it. Sometimes the easiest thing can become the hardest for me. Science isn’t my best subject. I know I’m still really young and that I would’ve had all the time in the world to start college later on, but I set my mind to passing that test and I did it. That accomplishment has made me extremely happy. I was able to start college on time, as a 16-year-old, which doesn’t happen often.