Today we are going to discuss modalities. Write a letter describing your Unit 3 project, including the genre/mode that you are planning on. What is your final project going to be about? You might start out, “My project is going to be about….” And go on to articulate what evidence you have to back up your ideas, what parts still feel rough to you about your ideas.
Remember that the mode you choose will be that which you feel will most effectively communicate your ideas to the specific audience you want to reach. Reflect on the writing that you have done so far.
· What personal investment do you have in this issue?
· Why does your argument matter?
· What counter-interpretations might work against your emerging claims?
· What are you struggling with most as you approach the draft?
· How does the mode you are working in aid (or complicate) your answers to these first questions?
Post your writing about this here as a response.
After you are finished with your writing, you can discuss your writing and your Unit 3 project with a partner. Interview each other about your project, using the questions above as a starting point.