Part of the final Unit 3 research project is thinking about audience, and how to best communicate with that audience. Using different vernaculars/dialects/registers with different audiences can make for more effective communication, depending on context.
Respond in writing to the following:
- How many languages do you speak? Here I mean, not necessarily foreign languages but languages you speak with friends, languages you speak with family, languages you may speak with people with whom you share a hobby like a sport.
- To whom do you speak those different languages?
- How do you feel about speaking different languages to different people in different contexts?
- How does your intended audience impact how you speak to someone and the word choice you use?
- How does the purpose for your communication impact what you say and how you say it?
- How can you have a similar message or purpose for different audiences but use different word choice based on your audience?
- How do you integrate all the languages you speak?
- What kind of language or register or discourse are you going to use in your final project (Unit 3 research)? Explain, in detail, why this is the most effective mode of communication or register.
- What genre is your project? If it is a traditional written academic essay, explain in detail why you decided that this is most effective. If it is a video presentation, explain why a video is most effective.
Post your comment here below. If you have any questions, let me know.