Professor Joshua Belknap | ENG 1101 ML D105 | Fall 2022

Unit 3 Project: Writing in a New Genre/ Research 11/16/22

Throughout the semester, we’ve seen people talking about (for example) education in a variety of different genres. In each of these instances, the author is trying to reach a different audience and they pick the genre that will best speak to that audience. Think about Edward Jones story, or James Baldwin’s speech(es), or Jamila Lyiscott’s poem. These are all different genres.  Why might one write in any of these genres?  Who do these genres reach?  

For Unit 3, you’ll be writing about the topic you researched in Unit 2 for an audience of your choosing– so now it’s time to think about what genre you think will best reach your audience!

Write a proposal of at least 200 words outlining what you plan to do for Unit 3. Comment here, by replying to this post. This proposal should tell us: 

• A 1-2 sentence statement of what you want to teach your audience (the most important thing you learned in Unit 2) 
  • The audience you are trying to reach
  • The genre you are planning to write in and why you chose it
  • A plan — how do you intend to get started?
  • Anything you might be worried about.  What are your concerns about finishing this project? 

1. JiaBaoLiang

I want to teach my audiences how to make their character in a novel, the audiences interesting my topic may be beginner writers who wants to start write a non-fiction novel story. I’d like to chose genre TED talk because this makes my essay/speech less boring. For began it, I may need watch a certain extent amount of TED talk to see what’s a form of a TED talk. I have nothing concerns yet.