Individual Final Work

Date: 07/03/2020

Your Name: Yicheng Wang

I. An explanation of the research that you did during the semester, making sure the research you did is spelled out clearly.

My position within the group was communication and relation between the team-members at the beginning of the project, then I turned focus towards researching, and information gathering as more task is provided. The communication starts off via email, then through cell phone application ie, text message and WhatsApp. The research component of the project is done mostly through official Government and States website as well as international non-profit organization such as World Health Organization.

II. An explanation of your participation, including details on who you worked with, and your participation in the final group project.

In this project I worked with three students; Mazen Alquaiti, Ervin Zhao, and Alpha Barry. My first participation within the class was the first 2 tasks where I introduced myself and the outside of my window. In task 3 where we work as group of two, I have combined what I and my partner Ervin Zhao have written from task 2 into one paragraph regarding on similarities and differences between outside our windows. In task 4, 5 and the final project, we became a group of 4 students to work together as a team. After the fifth task we as a group of four started doing the final project. Base on our background we have decided to design a flyer as our final project. As we all contribute to the Google Docs Mazen have created on the goals and focus of the final project, the group have discuss it and to make changes then Mazen posted it on OpenLab. Lastly in the final part of project, each one of us have our designated tasks to complete:

My task was to explain the Coronavirus, understand the symptoms of it, and know the prevention from it.

Mazen’s task was to create and design a digital flyer and translate English to Spanish.

Alpha Barry’s task was major statistics on Coronavirus and research findings.

Ervin Zhao’s task was Lessons learned and preparedness for future viruses.

Logs

Date Activity
06/01/2020 Work on Task I and Task II
06/03/2020 Establish communion with partner Evirn Zhao Via email and cell phone.

Shared and discussed respectively Task I and II, and come in conclusion on Task III

06/04/2020 Established communication between four members of group on WhatsApp.

Started on the discussion of task IV and defining coronavirus info

06/05/2020 Work on Task IV with Mazen Alquaiti Alpha Barry Zhao Ervin
06/10/2020 Discussed the fifth task within group and have Mazen send it to the google document.
06/13/2020 Come to conclusion that final project will be flyer regarding the COVID-19
06/14/2020 Brief discussion on the flyer and post a detailed description of project on OpenLab
06/15/2020-

06/20/2020

Task management and researching and information gathering
06/21/2020 Information shared, stay by for changes
06/25/2020 Received the first draft of flyer
06/26/2020 Made some change on first drift
06/30/2020 Received final draft.

Project ready.

Yicheng Wang

ENG2575

Professor: Robert Lestón

As this semester is coming to the end, this class definitely was the most unique course I ever had. Professor Aaron Barlow has a very unique way of teaching as he wanted us to work as a team to complete the given task, like in workplace. However due to the coronavirus pandemic, it is a bit hard for the whole class come together and accomplish what Professor Barlow had wanted to complete by July. Although Professor Aaron Barlow have provided a power point slides about the technical writing challenge, and which was very valuable as it has a very useful structure on task management and work load organization. However not everyone is willing to read the 20page slideshow unless its forced upon. But it definitely is a great reference not only to this project for this course, it will sharpen us on task management and workload organization skill for our future. Lets back up to the beginning of the semester, where Professor Barlow’s approach to class via email and website that has tasks for everyone to complete. This way of teaching, I find a lot of interest in it. Where not much instruction is given, no one is there to baby stepping each one. And by clarify and solving the given task as a class was exciting. However, communication is the key. Ultimately this class have taught me how important communication between everyone is.