Learning from Digital Seminar

This week in particular I attended a Digital webinar seminar for the internship class I found online. The webinar focused on social media marketing and how important using social media for organic, sustainable growth can be. The speaker explained how advertising is seeing a great shift on Facebook recently when navigating advertisements. There has been a huge decline in success and traction on this social media platform. Another key factor that was explained is how important being consistent and using the tools social media platforms already provide to your advantage. The speaker explained the value of letting these big companies that operate the social media platform tell you what they’re reaching towards. These social media platforms will further push advertisements they want to see people engage with overall. You should pay attention because they filter what the public wants to see and what features or benefits you want to highlight on the platform. The example discussed was the Reels feature on Instagram at this present moment, Instagram wants to push video creation to beat its competitor like TikTok. It was a very insightful digital conference I learned a lot about the marketing side of social media and a ton of business owners attend the event as well. I discovered the need of creating knowledgeable content and further understand algorithms. The digital webinar had about more the 25 people or more joining the digital webinar people asked a ton of interesting questions. The audience had different interests and someone who was already heavily involved in digital marketing had asked questions pertaining to hastags still being relevant and google search engine optimization for filtering. Other people in the group were small business owners who wanted to gain knowledge on how they can better handle their social media accounts.

These are just some of the things I highlighted and took notes on during the webinar. I found this to be very insightful and offered a new perspective for me going forward on how the business owner looks at marketing and makes decisions. This also validated one of my personal opinions on how Facebook is dying out. Facebook has become the environment where most people only log on to look at relatives and friends and the Meta project is their initiative to bring back some traction.