Self Analysis

Self-Analysis

This is my self reflection through my journey in the RNBS program. I began my search of my BSN within a period of three month after achieving my first prestigious goal of my career (ADN).  This excruciating experience was a dream come truth, which give me the drive to continued advancing in my nursing profession. As I integrated the standing BSN program at NYCCT, I have learned about the many important roles that a BSN Nurse can take in different levels of care, which were really an eye opener for me. This program broadened my knowledge and gives me the opportunity to grow and to become a better nurse.  I am more confidence in providing cultural competent care in my abilities to deliver ethical and holistic patient care in a diverse population. This experience is truly self-rewarding and a positive one that help me develop a more critical thinking skill, weighing all evidence fairly and thinking things through and examining them from all areas.

Also, the BSN program provided me with new skills, topics, and bodies of knowledge such as being a leader in my workplace, to avoid conflict from escalating and to encourage coworkers to get things done and to maintain good relations within peers. I have also grown in my ability to communicate effectively, listening to the patients and their families concerns in order to provide high quality care. I honestly appreciate the transition into the BSN program. I truly will forever be grateful of my nursing career and the highly caring and professional BSN faculty that imparted their knowledge to their students, which made me the individual I am today. I will continue to excel and move forward in my career, and hopefully inspire my co-workers to advance in their nursing career as well.

The care that I provide to my patients comes deeply from my heart, body, and soul, and I am thankful of my nursing career because it enables me to help people who are suffering from an illness or disease.

Angela Wilson, RN