Internship Journal 2

This week I was asked to design certificates for the AIR(Assessment & Institutional Research) department. It was a last minute assignment but considering I didn’t have much work to do at the time I accepted. Thankfully AIR is in the same office so communicating with my client was much faster than it was with others. The process of me sketching and over over the design with them was quick and easy enough. What took long was getting the final information for all the names that needed to be printed.

There was a lot of waiting for people to RSVP for their names to be included, and triple checking we had all the names correctly spelled. This step was very important though, as it was only 22 certificates, so any small errors would have been very large in comparison. Making sure to contact my client for updates was very important with keeping the deadline.

Most projects at my internship are simply done on regular white paper, but for this we got to go a little different with a cream paper textured card stock. To add a more personal touch it was hand signed by the department head and Provost instead of electronically.

This was the first project where I had to be diligent with my time, changing what was a priority, and delivering on time. It is something I will defiantly keep in mind during future times when I may have a similar situation.