Internship September 7th 2021

I applied for an internship at Unity for Equality organization internship program.https://www.unityforequality.org/Ā  This organization is a non profit organization andĀ  its a unpaid internship.This organization is located at Flushing Ny.The founder of this organization his name is Neil Trivedi .The cause of him forming this organization was because he He observed current hardships people were experiencing due to difficulty in finding employment, financial problems, the presence of discrimination, inequality in opportunities, struggles with the immigration system, lack of access to education, and challenges in obtaining health insurance. Neil formed a group in his neighborhood to tackle these issues, going as far as to voice collective concerns to elected leaders.

I got this internship from one of my friends from college he took the class a semester earlier than me.I was talking to him and than he told me about the Organization. I told him if you can ask your supervisor if they need inters,so he then emailed me. Saying that his supervisor wants an interview with me. I sent my portfolio.Then the day after we meet via zoom.I had the interview introduced myself, gave a feedback about my work. Then we started from there.I was so happy ,because iĀ  was never convinced in college when professor would say NETWORK.I always thought that getting something would be from hard work but this experience provided me wrong.Networking and hard work will getĀ  me to the place i want.I networked with one of my peers ,gave my portfolio in .Got excepted.

Networking saves lots of time and effort.My lesson from this experience was its never bad to network because if i wouldn’t have been talking to him .I would have been searching for an internship that would have takenĀ  a while and pressure .