Homework #2

The images by themselves are very powerful, I like how with the words the artist is trying to take and change the messages of those pictures. Some of those pictures are very hard to look and bring anger to myself as being a man who has witness racism and had it happen to me. I can see how the original purpose of these pictures was to make these men and woman not human, but like the scientist intended was to make them a whole different species.   With the words in the pictures they portray a new meaning, like she became the owner of these pictures. I think that those pictures like just in the past have a very powerful message. With all the things that have been going on in this country, with the words that are being spoken by people like Trump and Ben Carson, we need to remember that this was part and still is part of our history. Some people, mostly white people, seem to think that racism is over in America, These pictures and the words written in them are very powerful, she is speaking the truth, facts, and history, of the African American experience is America. The image with the slave with all the whip marks is powerful! I like how she is trying to own these pictures and making the viewers think about the individual in the pictures that they are humans, that they weren’t just property, and how they help make this country. Very powerful images.