I would not go to a show to see digital reproductions, because I can go online a look at a high resolution picture of the art in the comfort of my own home and for free. I think it is important to see the real works because they were created with the hands of the artists. I feel that creating replicas of famous art works is OK, I don’t think its worth setting up a whole gallery based on replicas of the art. Why would someone go out of their way to view something they can view at their computers? I would go to an art show to view the actual canvas the painter touched, viewing how the artist viewed the same canvas while painting is what I would go to an exhibit for.
Professor Sandra Cheng
Office: Namm 602B
Office Hours: Tu/Th 9-10 am or
Office Tel: 718-260-5003
- For Jews in East Germany, a Life of Contradictions
- Chicago Architecture Biennial Review: Floating Museum Aims High
- Italy Searches for Museum Leaders, With Nationalism in the Air
- Mellon Foundation Pledges a Total $500 Million for Monuments
- Did That $4 Wyeth Thrift Store Painting Really Sell for $191,000?