Selfie restrictions to me seems to be nonsense. In New York its part of the culture and tourism. This how we express ourselves and let the world knows what is going on in our lives. the right to take selfies is more than just art, it is a right of free speech. To put restrictions on selfies is to put restrictions on free speech. Honestly PSA announcements and perhaps commercials and other such WARNINGS are all that is needed. Being aware of surrounding is all the people need to do. Not some silly ban selfies. People in general take selfies everywhere so really how would you even justified where a “safe” selfie location would be.
Professor Sandra Cheng
Office: Namm 602B
Office Hours: Mon 9-10 am, Tu/Th 9-10 am or
Office Tel: 718-260-5003
- At FIAC Art Fair, Ambitions Are High. Can Sales Keep Pace?
- With Splendor and Saints, Hispanic Society Shows Its Treasures
- Elizabeth Diller Is Retelling Edmund de Waal’s Story — and Her Own
- Alan Lapidus, Architect of Hotels and Casinos, Dies at 85
- Art Institute of Chicago Ends a Docent Program, and Sets Off a Backlash