Discussion Topic: Tim Hetherington and Modern-day War Photography

Junger said that Hetherington had a very specific vision for his work. I think Hetherington’s unique vision was refer to the way he used when he photographing. Because when I went over to Hetherington’s photographs at the Yossi Milo Gallery website, i found out that he captured his object from the angle we don’t usually see. The angle was different than usual which not directly point at the object. He therefore made the image looks more interesting. As Hetherington used his special angle to captured his object, it kind of suggested us that we should used different angle to seeing those war and people who fighting in the war. For my point of view, I can’t tell that whether Hetherington’s work was heroic or not. Because i had the sense that he was really working hard in his object, and used his special vision to tell the public what’s the war and people like in modern-day war. Perhaps people seeing these pictures might understand the reality of the war.Then the public pushing those war away. The effect of such pushing will be very great.