Response to Rooms from Versailles to post-Katrina New Orleans

Many photographers have their style of photography and Robert Polidori has his own and unique style of taking photographs. In my opinion I think Polidori’s photographs are a powerful statements of unique event but he also anesthetize historic events. I say this because Robert Polidori not only focuses on taking photographs of catastrophes like the photographs of destroyed homes in New Orleans after the hurricane Katrina. Polidori also photographed the crumbling decadence of mansions in Havana, he also photographed the restoration of the palace de Versailles, so his photographs are more of a unique art. When reading the interview you can tell that he is a photographer with different ideas, he said that he is attracted by things that are more unlike him, so the photographs that he takes has nothing to do with his personality but with his way of seeing art, which is why he says it does not bother him when people describe him as a “connoisseur of chaos” that also explains why his photographs catastrophic events.