“Bottle Bell” by Ashley Lebedev

In the process of looking for interesting photography articles to post in this lab, a photography website called “Bottle Bell” appeared in between all those millions of websites that came up from Google, and caught my eyes because of its uniqueness and curious name. I was intrigue by the name, so I decided to click on it and see what it was all about. After observing through the four galleries accompanied by mysterious and melancholic music presented by the photographer Ashley Lebedev, I think that her photographs are beautiful and fascinating because they have the power to change your mood (my mood changed from euthymic to dysphoric). In my opinion, the settings, colors, lighting. effects and contrasts make you be part of the photographs. And the music helps the viewer to get the deep sentiment of each of them.

Furthermore, each of Mrs. Lebedev’s portraits tell a story which reminded me of the photograph by Robinson, “Fading Away” because it made me think that she may has the same concept as him about Art.

Ashley Lebedev is a 27 years old artist and Fine Art photographer….. what to know more about her? Go to this website http://www.bottlebellphotography.com/intro.aspx

In addition, Mrs. Lebedev tells the viewers about the metaphoric meaning of “Bottle Bell” and how she came up with it!

One Response to “Bottle Bell” by Ashley Lebedev

1. lalizazhu says:

I have to say that her photographs looked scary to me, specially the music playing in the background. The whole page was creepy and full of mystery so I did not if I should have said that it was a good thing or not. I was excited to check the photographs at the beginning but then I could not continue looking at her gallery it was just weirdness. However, I must admit that it was a creative page and although the few photographs that I got to see scared me I loved her originality. The scariest photographs were the ones from the “Forgotten” part because it truly portrayed abandon. Everything was empty and deserted.