Astronaut Photography

The link below displays some really cool pictures photographed by NASA astronauts at a space station. I just wish the article included what kind of camera was used to take these gorgeous pictures with such detail and precision.

Photo #9 from the provided pictures is my absolute favorite. Astronaut Dan Burbank captured “airglow,” which looks absolutely stunning against the Earth’s horizon.

It amazes me how beautiful space photos look. The astronaut’s point-of-view is a great perspective of space travel. Having the ability to see what they are experiencing is great–and to know there are one million photos makes me curios to see more.

http://news.discovery.com/space/photos-iss-astronauts-millionth-120404.html

6 Responses to Astronaut Photography

1. vera says:

One of the photos on the blog is a recently snapped millionth photo from the orbiting lab. The photograph captures a view of the Russian spacecraft, along with a green band of aurora light and the Earth in the background. American astronaut Don Pettit of NASA posted the photo online via Twitter, but there is only one problem: the photographer is unknown. The space station’s six-man crew includes three Russians, two Americans and one Dutchman. “Not sure who took it, Dan Burbank or myself,” Pettit wrote. “We can’t remember.” Whomever the photographer is, I am grateful the space station’s crew found the time to share these stunning images with those of us, who will never have a chance to see this beauty with our own eyes. I think there is a fine line between science and art, and the photo album provided by the space crew is surely a proof of it.

2. jcrawford says:

I actually never thought to question what type of camera was being used. i always assumed it was super expensive mega-camera, reserved for the financial privilege of people like Terry Richardson.

But yea. . .

I like that 5th shot: reminds me of something out of Star Wars + who brings a guitar to space?

Apparently, Stephen Robinson does.

3. jcrawford says:

yo I completely overlooked shot 6.

The colors in that solar activity = crazy.

4. LeCou says:

I haven’t ever seen anything so reamarkable as such. I think its just remarkably beautiful to see how the vitality of our orbirting atomsphere on earth is. I would have to input that “Colorful Aurora” is by far my favorite shot out of the session of photos. It reminds of the Northern Lights “aruora” in my visit to Alaska when I was younger; but, seeing it from such an aerial and different perspective is amazing. This shot is very alluring and to real to be true.

5. ramlakhanp says:

This is an interesting post…I like the way he captivated each picture to make it almost life like…it’s amazing to see how much technology has grown…capturing pictures in space is pretty neat…the color to the dynamic of each photo is impressive…I like all the pictures and being able to experience what they see in space…I would like to know more about the camera…

6. superartist says:

This is what I mean that in photography there is not just one way of doing things . Taking photography in space is just another way of taking photos. I think it’s amazing and beautiful how these photo look they really capture the point of view that is seen through space and I like the fact that doesn’t looked staged or manipulated in sort of way I think it’s awesome and amazing and really cool. I know its going to sound a little weird but I am glad that the photographer is unknown because it adds a sort of mystery to the concept.I think this idea is so cool I am glad that Nasa but these photo out because it demonstrates another world to us . The world in NASA

This is my post!