Old Processes, New Advertising:Bringing The Old to Modern Times

I think the fact that photographers are going back to taking pictures using the wet-plate collodion process, is definitely nostalgia. This totally makes sense because this process of photography took place in the 1850’s and some people miss that especially now that technology has advanced so much. It seems as if though taking pictures with a camera might disappear altogether. This might be an effort that photographers are making to remind people of the real beauty of photography which is portrayed through the wet-plate collodion process. Furthermore in doing so photographers developing photos this way also get that feeling of awe that people during the Civil War era got when they followed this process. Looking at these pictures done with this old process makes me appreciate photography more and it definitely catches my attention. In addition through these pictures the subject in the photo is presented as a character. This is something that amazes me because it was done during modern times, and it still has the same effect it did when this process was invented. Finally bringing this photographic process back is a good idea because it gives us a glimpse of what photography was like back then.

This entry was posted in Discussion Topics and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.