How I started my clothing company Part 3 (Making the clothes)

This is the fun part for me, but it’s only 10-15 percent of the process! I made sketches, get feedback, and decide which ones will constitute to my first collection. I picked out fabrics and materials that are cost effective and current. I used a screen printer to produce my line’s first collection. I had to find out whether there are any restrictions, such as if they can’t print certain colors, size specifications (specs) of the design (how big it can be), the type of shirt you want to print on, and the weight/quality of the fabric (for example, I chose thinner, less expensive fabric for summer clothing lines).

Since I had very little money I had to put top priority on my company’s projected financials. My funding is the lifeblood of my company in since it is in its’ early stages. I do not have outside funding yet, I launched my clothing line this summer with very little money, I did not expect to get the  well response that I got, but if anyone would like to start a new business they might want to consider a small bank loan. Consider an SBA loan, or another type of loan to get your business started. To get a loan, you might need to have collateral.
This series well elaborate on how I started my clothing company with very little resources and finances, you can be navigate to the different by clicking on the links: Part 1(Intro)Part 2 (Nailing Down The Basics) Part 3 (Making The Clothes), Part 4 (Marketing And Promoting).
Screen Shot 2013-12-07 at 4.26.57 PMScreen Shot 2013-12-07 at 4.29.37 PM