Husam Kaid: Photography, Social Media, and Art

Photography, a form of art at the start, which did not take long before developing to a great business idea throughout the world. coming from a third world country my only idea of photography was old cameras where we would have to take a film to a shop in the city so they can develop the pictures and give it back to us weeks later since they had to develop all the films given to them and the process was a bit time consuming.

Photography became more available with digital cameras, then on phones but we could not really do much until social media came along. we only took pictures to scroll up and down for memories but with social media, we get to share our experiences, influence the experiences of others and inspire with the pictures we take. social media has definitely had a great impact on my life and the pictures i see on Instagram for example, have made me visit places and eat at restaurants I probably would not have known about if it was not for the combination of photography and social media.