Amanda Adams Hw #1

When I go out to eat with friends or family or even myself the first thing I look for is the reviews about the place, not its photos. For me personally, I believe that people are too dependent on their phones when it comes to food. While social media is one of the best ways for restaurants to get free press, I think that it takes away from the enjoyment of the meal. When it comes to eating out with my family we have a rule that phones must go away when food comes, but today’s society has made that idea outdated.

Now don’t get me wrong taking pictures of like a huge black tap shake or a 13-layer piece of cake looks nice but taking a picture of every plate of food that you consume, isn’t that a little overkill? But I also always have to remember that in the field that I am in photography is a must in the hospitality business. Without it, we wouldn’t have the advertisements that we have.

Even though I don’t think that we should take pictures of every plate that we get at a restaurant I really enjoy taking pictures of the dishes I make because I am always surprised at my abilities.