Emani Ahoua : Photography, Instagram, and the Food Industry

Emani Ahoua

Prof. Cheng

February 1, 2018

ARTH1100

I feel that photography and food go hand and hand in this day and age. I do believe food is an art and should be considered as such, you make it, you have to plate it beautifully and sometimes you even design it as you would a painting so why not treat it as such with photography. I absolutely love taking pictures of my own food either when I make it or when I go out to eat. I want to share this amazing photo of food I created or food that I’m about to devour. It encourages others to want to try it. I usually post videos and pictures of food a bunch of my friends/followers leave comments on it saying “looks so good” and “I want some!!” it makes me feel really good about what I made or what I ate and encourages me to start my own foodie Instagram page which I will probably do this semester. When someone posts a picture or video of something that looks really tasty I’ll try and make it myself. I follow foodies on Instagram and 70% of where I go out to eat is based on what I saw someone post about. Social media’s impact on the food industry will continue to grow on food more and more in the future. Promoting different types of foods in different areas I believe Is a great career because you are sharing a really good experience with others so they can go see or try for themselves.