Food vs. Coffee #Homework2

During the civil war coffee played an important roll keeping the soldiers ā€œaliveā€ and ready for battle. Although many argue that coffee was probably one of the reasons why the union won the war I donā€™t believe that coffee should be substitute any food. Coffee was really important in maintaining the soldiers energized but I believe this was all do in part to the fact that the soldiers had a very poor nutrition. Many of these soldiers recognized cooking as a foreign idea that had never really crossed their mind before the war. Coming into the war the soldiers didnā€™t recognized the importance of having a decent nutritional meal and how much effect it would have on a daily basis. I believe that if the soldiers had good meals the need for coffee wouldnā€™t be so large. Most of our daily intake energy comes from our diets and depending on our diets, so when a proper diet is not present the need to create energy itā€™s still existent.

One dish that I will always love is Arroz Chofan (Chow Fan rice), is the Dominican take on Chinese fry rice. This rice contains large number of vegetables and a variety of meats depending on the cookā€™s choice. What I love about this rice so much is that eating by itself can delivered a large amount flavors and different textures.

dscf8739