For next class you will begin to solidify your design for your store. Create plans, sections and exterior elevations with a schematic design level of detail. Make sure your store name and your name is on your boards.
Your boards should include the following:
- One plan for each level of your store
- At least two sections through the most telling parts of your store
- Two exterior elevations for your store, south and east
- Draw your plans. (Your sections and elevations should be at this same scale)
- Show your program areas and how they are defined, (through things such as geometry, furniture, casework, materials, etc)
- Show where your doors are and what part of your facade is glazing
- Think of where you have structure for your building, and if this affects your layout (you will likely just have structural walls and columns at the perimeter, but if your facade is all glass, you will need to show where the columns are)
- Draw at least two sections–one should go east-west, and the other north-south
- Show your floor to floor height
- Think about your ceiling – can your ceiling have the same design concepts as your parti?
Start working on your elevation….
- Draw a south and east elevation of the exterior facade of your store
- Start to show what types of design elements and materials you will use- start to gather images.
- Show where you will place your signage and what this signage will look like or how it is incorporated in your facade.